The keto life is the life for me! I am still blown away at how my sugar and starch cravings have dissolved like sugar in a jug of sun tea.
The pounds are slowly slipping away, and the inches lost are showing in my clothes. But here’s the thing. I’ve been a fat girl since 1990. If I don’t exercise, I’m going to be Miss Flabby Pants.
I want to be fit and strong, and diet alone isn’t going to make that happen.
This summer has been a season of recovery. Foot surgery is a wooly booger! I tried on a pair of shoes Wednesday and was astounded about how swollen my “bad” foot still is. It’s sore and downright annoying. But it’s time to get moving.
It’s time to start walking short distances and build up from there.
It’s time to start strengthening my core and my arms.
It’s time to get strong in body as God continues to strengthen my spirit.
I’ve done this weightloss/fitness thing so many times. I could retire now if I could get a full refund on all the diet books and fitness plans I bought over the years. I bet I’m not the only one.
I don’t want a plan. I want a life.
I believe I’ve found a way of eating that will work for me for the rest of my life, but exercise is a little tougher for me. Between my bent toward laziness and my terrible physical condition, it will be a long time before I enjoy exercise.
Help me, fit people! Here’s what I’m looking for.
- Something that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I’m a public school teacher, for heaven’s sake!
- Something that doesn’t require a lot of special equipment. I am due for a new pair of athletic shoes, though. Suggestions welcome.
- I want variety, but my uncoordinated self needs time to become confident in specific exercises. The crossfit-type programs are a little too fast-paced for me.
- I want to develop more stamina and a better sense of balance. Yesterday, I tried to stand on my bed to dust the ceiling fan, and I almost fell to my death! (Ha)
- I want to discover the energy you fitties say comes from exercising regularly. I’ve never stuck with it long enough to experience that mysterious thing!
- I want to tighten my muscles so this weightloss that’s happening doesn’t turn me into a saggy-skinned mess.
While I don’t think my BMI is top priority for God, I do think He wants me to make the most of each day. Physical fitness is one way I can do that.
Lord, help me push past my flabby ways to discover the strong girl underneath. I want every step I take to bring pleasure to Your heart. In Jesus’ Name I pray, AMEN